Are You Struggling to ... Read More about March 3rd Small Biz Event
Davis Consulting Solutions (DCS) has had the privilege of engaging in advocacy and volunteerism in the Greater Pittsburgh community for over 20 years. Ms. Davis has personally contributed her time and talents in numerous capacities from frontline service, to board membership.
For example, under the leadership of Dr. Heather Star Fiedler, Ms. Davis and some of her cohort members (pictured) in the Point Park University Community Engagement Program, volunteered at the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.
As another example, Ms. Davis and some of her associates provided relevant information and services to community members, business owners, organizations, and other stakeholders at Urban Green Growth Collaborative Gatherings, under the leadership of Fred Brown of The Kingsley Association. Services included Professional and Management Development Training and Organizational Development.
OTHER COMMUNITY SERVICE, BOARDS, AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Parent/Professional Advocate, McKeesport Community Connections for Families (CCF)
- Board Member, Partnerships for Youth Transition (PYT)
- Volunteer Interim Administrative Assistant, Mon Valley Resources Unlimited Inc.
- Executive Board Member, Urban Green Growth Collaborative
- Advisory Board Member, Regional Legal Housing Service Section 3 Business
- Member, Minority, Women, Disadvantage Business Enterprise Governmental Committee
- Advisory Board Member, A. W. Beattie Career Center Entrepreneur/Marketing Program
- Grant Committee Chair, Clark Memorial Baptist Church
- Member, Hazelwood Initiative, Inc.
- Board of Directors, The Pearl Club
- Member, The National Association of Negro Business and Professional Women’s Clubs, Inc. NANBPWC, INC.
- Director of Discipleship, Fountain of Life Church of Pittsburgh
Engagement with the community in these ways gives DCS access to and knowledge about a wide variety of resources that can benefit our clients. It also gives us the experience to help other communities make the most of their own resources.